“If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door”
Milton Berle quoted and it is quite appropriate today. If your job is not giving you enough opportunity to learn and grow, choose a different career path. What could be better than Data Science presently?
According to a recent study by LinkedIn, the highest growth in jobs related to data science and data analysis include:
- Machine Learning Engineer: 8X job growth. Average salary according to Payscale: $100,956.
- Data Scientist: 5X job growth. Average salary according to Glassdoor: $120,931.
- Director of Data Science: 9X job growth, average salary according to PayScale: $158,911 per year.
Among the new job opportunities for data scientists and data analysts, IBM predicts:
- 61% of data scientists and advanced analysis positions will be available to bachelor’s degree holders, while 39% will require a master’s degree or a Ph.D.
- Data science and data analyst jobs remain open for 5 days longer than the average for all other jobs, which points to the fact that there is still less competition in these career fields, and recruiters have to work harder to find qualified candidates.
“It’s through curiosity and looking at opportunities in new ways that we’ve always mapped our path.”
Michael Dell has aptly said that. And to bring the opportunity closer to all of you, I have tried to list some of the free online Data Science courses, which will create a path to become a successful data scientist.
Free Data Science courses to learn Machine Learning, Data Science, Analytics, Python, and R have been listed. It has been classified with respect to middle-management, coders, and mathematicians. Top university professors are imparting one of the highest quality education in data science for free. Grab the opportunity.
- AI for Everyone: Andrew Ng, one of the greatest data scientist, has described Machine Learning, Data Science, and Artificial Intelligence beautifully. This could be a stepping stone to learn about different aspects of AI and how it is used. It will be a 4-week free course to understand. https://www.coursera.org/learn/ai-for-everyone